1. On the train from Beijing, this was representative of the vast majority of Mongolia’s landscape.
2. Ulan Bator University.
3. A typical meal in Mongolia.
4. Mongolian society seemed very egalitarian with plenty of women in positions of authority. There seemed to be a ceremony (graduation?) including many female officers.
5. The main square in Ulan Bator.
6. I hiked up into the hills of Ulan Bator, and yurts were quite common.
7. Along with the yurts were lots of defensive, snarling dogs.
8. Homes were heated with coal, sold in these bags. Hence the pollution.